Jailbreaking is not a new concept, but one that scares most people. Jailbreaking your iPhone can really enhance your user experience. But to make sure that you don’t mess up with your iPhone, you need to know the ins and outs of jailbreaking.
In this step by step tutorial, we will share how you can jailbreak your iPhone. But we’re not going to discuss the old-fashioned way of doing it. Instead, we will be going to discuss a new and simpler way to jailbreak your iPhone. This is less risky!
What’s the New Way?
Pangu, a jailbreaking software made by a Chinese Team, has made it easier for to jailbreak the iPhone.
While jailbreaking your iPhone comes with some risks, this is the safest method we know of. Nonetheless, there is no guarantee that jailbreaking your iPhone will be successful at all times. Hence, remember to jailbreak your phone at your own risk.
Now that the ground is set, let’s move ahead with the process itself:
0. Backup Your iPhone
Once you start the jailbreaking process, everything from your iPhone will be wiped off immediately. So make sure to backup your data. You may save photos to Dropbox, iCloud, your computer or Google Photos. Transferring data through iTunes is the quickest and safest bet.
Although iTunes can be set to automatically backup your device every time you plug it in, but we recommend it that you do it manually anyway. This is just to ensure that your files from your iPhone are backed up.
Let’s discuss the real process then:
1. Jailbreaking the iPhone
In order to jailbreak your iPhone, it’s compulsory to update your device to the latest iOS version i.e. iOS 9.3.4 or iOS 9.3.5 (for a semi-jailbreak). Updating your iPhone to the 9.3.4 version would allow you to jailbreak your device completely, giving you full access to features. However, if you update to iOS 9.3.5 version then you will only have access to half of the jailbreak features. So choose accordingly.
Once you have updated your iPhone according to what you desire, either semi jailbreak or full jailbreak, it’s time to get familiar with Pangu, the jailbreak software.
2. The Semi Jailbreak Method
Unlike the old methods of jailbreaking your iPhone, this new method doesn’t require the usage of computer at all. Once you have backed up your data, and updated your device to the preferred version, all you need to do is browse pangu8.com/93.html.
- You’ll find a button at the bottom of the page that says “Jailbreak iOS 9.3 – 9.3.5”.
- Tap that button and the web page will check the compatibility of your device.
- If you’re running the iOS version of 9.3 – 9.3.5, your device would be compatible.
- After that, an “Agree” button will reveal itself, tap it to start jailbreaking iPhone.
- The jailbreaking process would then start, which would prompt you to download a semi jailbreak app installation. You should install this app to further the process.
After the app has been successfully installed. You can use it to download other jailbreak apps such as Cydia, iOS Emus etc. This will give you some of the partial features of the jailbreak software, without actually voiding the warranty of your iPhone.
But if you want to experience the full featured jailbreak version, here is how to avail it:
3. The Full Jailbreak Method
This time, you would need to use the computer to make the full jailbreak happen. If you’re a Windows user then you would need to download the Pangu Tool. Click on “Pangu Tool” to download it immediately. On the other hand, if you’re a Mac user, you will have to download the NvwaStone_1.0.ipa file and Cydia Impactor. You can click on these links to download them instantly.
- Before you head on, ensure that these files are available on desktop.
- Make it sure that your iPhone’s Touch ID/Passcode and Find my iPhone is disabled before you start this process.
- For Windows users, you will have to open the Pangu Tool. Find the “Generate” button and click on it to create a Signed IPA, which would be associated with your iPhone. The file would be dropped onto the desktop of your PC.
- The tool would begin downloading Cydia Impactor automatically. But for Mac users, you would have to manually install it and open it.
- When you open Cydia Impactor, drag the IPA file and leave it into the software.
- An “error” message would reveal, but it’s not a problem. Click “OK” button.
- Afterward, sign in to the Cydia Impactor (Apple Account) and it will start the jailbreaking process by installing the Pangu app on your iPhone.
- Close the Cydia Impactor once it’s finished installing the app.
- Open your iPhone and navigate through Settings > General > Profiles and Device Management. You’ll find the Pangu app here.
- If you find the Pangu App, this means that the installation was a success. You can now fully enable it by tapping the “Trust” button.
- Once you do that, open the Pangu app and start the jailbreaking process by tapping “Start” button. The app would install the full version of Cydia.
You have finally jailbroken your iPhone successfully. If you have backed up your data before jailbreaking it, you can use iTunes to restore it back to the iPhone immediately. Once you have done that, start using Cydia and experience all the apps and tools it features. Believe it or not, but once you jailbreak your iPhone, you would never go back.
Popular How To Guides
How To Decide Whether A Vauxhall Could be the Right Car Brand to Invest in
Continually recognized as one of the UK’s most beloved car brands, Vauxhall have once again come in as one of...
How to Ensure Your Car has GAP Insurance
It is not common knowledge amongst motorists, but if your car were to be written off then your comprehensive insurance...
How To Make Awesome Cocktails
The cocktail culture is ever changing with innovations every year. Mixing of different drinks creates new trends of cocktails. Brands...
How To Save Money With Your Gadgets
With the mass amount of sales from our top retailors all year round, and even better deals around the corner...
How To for Wealth Brokers: Develop Your Online Networking Skills
There are numerous statistics that reinforce the value of social networking for businesses, regardless of the industry in which they...
How To Live Well with a Disability: Improving Your Quality of Life
Living with a disability can make life more challenging, especially if you are newly disabled. Depending on your disability, there...
How to Make Your Office More Eco-Friendly
Research has shown that an office designed with the environment in mind can help improve your workplace culture, making it...
How to Trade Forex to Make Extra Cash?
Everyone is looking to make some extra cash in a side hustle. This is mainly because people need a little...
Business3 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games1 year ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Sport1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cleaning5 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Fun1 year ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes