So, how many of you are sat reading this blog at a messy desk? Be honest! We all have a tendency to get caught up in work and forget to organise our workspaces. Some people thrive in this environment. If you love a messy desk, then good for you! Personally, I can’t get anything done unless my workspace is spotless. Everything needs a place and every pencil must be lined up correctly. Call it obsessive, call it crazy, but it gets the work done! When you have a tidy space, your mind is clear to work through problems. Without further ado, here are five secrets to a more organised workspace.
- Get rid of clutter – First things first, let’s purge your desk of anything unessential. Documents, press releases, crisp wrappers and old books have no place here! You’ll have to be ruthless and brutal with your decisions. Just do it quickly and all at once. Ask yourself what you use every day. Those should be the only items that get to stay. Throw the rest or offer them to colleagues if they’re useful.
- Make a little home for everything – Now you can clear even more space by moving things away from your desk. Instead of having pens and pencils lying across the desk, find them a home. Rather than a huge stack of papers, pick up some folders and office tidies to store them. Click here for a nice range of office racks and storage compartments. Get everything off the desk and into a home.
- Separate folders – I don’t know about you, but my biggest problem is always loose paper. There’s so much of it! And it all needs a home. The best thing to do here is get three or four A4 folders or binders. Label each one and file every piece of paper in one of them. You can have one folder for reading material or research. One can be for meeting preparation and things that need to be discussed. Another can be anything that still needs a response from others. A final one can hold all of your accounts.
- Revolutionise your computer desktop – Your computer desktop is no different to your real desk top. When it’s a mess of documents, images and unsorted folders, it can drive you crazy. And, the longer you put it off, the worse it gets. Spend ten minutes every week just sorting it out and tidying up loose parts. Put everything in a sensible folder and create easy navigation between everything. If you work for yourself, it’s important to stay disciplined and make time for these small things.
- Tidy at the end of every day – The biggest problem with clutter and mess is that it builds up over time. The bigger it gets, the bigger the cleanup operation! One good trick here is to do a quick tidy up before you leave for the day. I know it’s the last thing you want to do after a hard day’s work. But, you’ll really thank yourself in the morning when you arrive at a clear and tidy workspace!
Which one of these tricks could you add to your daily work life? Take one at a time and organise your life!
Popular How To Guides
How To Play The Lottery: Five Things You Need To Know Before Playing
Lotteries are the world’s most popular form of gambling, as the low stakes with potentially life-changing returns are just too...
How To Pack For Your Long Haul Journey
The two main things to combat on a long haul journey are boredom and discomfort. This list of things to...
How to Create a Car Budget
Buying a car and paying for all the additional services, such as car insurance, can be pretty expensive. Globally, the expectation...
How To Visualize What A Loyal Gamer Has Spent Following A Video Game Series
Gaming can become an expensive, yet fun hobby. Enjoyed by millions of people around the world, video games have become...
How To Edit PDF Files for Mac Users
Most of the readers that are used to display PDF files on Macs don’t have any editing tools whatsoever –...
How To Start Your Own Website – Basic Tips
These days, it seems that just about everyone has a blog or a website. If you think that sounds like...
How To Get Into eSports
Competitive video gaming, aka eSports, is a growing industry and is fast becoming part of the mainstream sports. There are...
How To Increase The Lifespan of Machinery Using Simple Steps
Not just machinery related to mining, farming, and industrial processes require constant maintenance but every machinery and equipment no matter...
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games11 months ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Cleaning4 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Sport11 months ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cars & Vehicles11 months ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Other2 years ago
How to Spend Your Savings Responsibly For An Easier Retirement