Breaking your favourite porcelain vase sounds like a nightmare to anybody who takes pride in their home and decor. However, although your vase may be in many pieces at the moment, you could repair it yourself fairly simply! All you need is a steady hand, and a little patience to repair your vase. Let’s begin…
Gather Every Piece of Your Vase
Your vase is probably in tiny pieces at the moment, or bigger pieces if you’re lucky. To begin, you need to gather together every single piece of your vase, no matter how small it may be. You’ll then want to wipe the floor with a wet cloth to make sure no tiny bits get stuck in your foot. Put in a safe place until you’re ready to get started.
Prepare Your Equipment
You’ll need a few bits and bobs ready before you start putting your vase back together. Make sure you have:
A damp towel across a flat surface.
A bottle of glue that dries clear.
A quiet space to work in.
A few paper towels.
Begin Putting Your Vase Back Together
1. Wearing your gloves for protection, remove the shards from your safe place. Lay out over your damp towel. The reason your towel is damp rather than dry is so you can wipe your hand on it as you go, plus; your pieces will stay still.
2. Try to arrange the pieces so they’re on a different section of the towel, for example; the bottom of the vase in one corner, while the sides are in another, etc. Try to visualise the pieces as a whole so you can get a better idea of how you’ll put the vase back together.
3. Before gluing your pieces back together, practice first! The key to success is practice, and if you don’t practice it’s highly likely that you’ll mess up. You’ll also be able to work out whether there are any more pieces missing at this point.
4. Now it’s time to glue. Remember, a little bit of glue goes a long way! Go slowly, applying slight pressure as you line the piece you’ve chosen with glue. To make it easier, glue the smaller pieces together first, and then the larger pieces afterwards. You can then glue smaller pieces that you’ve already glued to other smaller pieces, rather than trying to stick them all together at once.
5. Make sure you’re checking that the pieces are aligned smoothly, and wiping any excess glue off as you go along to avoid problems later on. Once you’re done, use windex on a paper towel to wipe over the vase carefully. Allow 24 hours at least before using your repaired vase!
If this all sounds like too much for you, you could contact a professional like Emma Bradshaw to do the hard work for you. However, you might want to give it a go yourself first to save money – you could even get a great sense of achievement!
Popular How To Guides
How to Fund Your Trips as a Digital Nomad
There is certainly no shortage of people hopping on the remote online business bandwagon. Some of these people have even...
How to Find a Competent Road Accident Lawyer
Whenever there is a road accident involving a commercial vehicle, corporations and insurance companies mobilize their vast resources to employ...
How To Know The Difference Between Different Healthcare Facilities
The healthcare facilities in the US have evolved a lot over time. With the technological advancements in the industry, medical...
How To Save Money When Buying Your First Car
Congratulations! You passed your driving test! You are now free to venture out on the open road, but you need...
How To Setup An Efficient Manufacturing Process
In modern business, efficiency is everything. If you do not have efficient operations processes in all aspects of business, it...
How To Choose An Ethical Wildlife Control Company
If you have a house then chances are that you’ll have to hire a wildlife control company to remove raccoons,...
How To: 5 Facts About Fostering Children With Special Needs
Fostering is a huge responsibility, considering that any child that you wish to foster will need special care. A majority...
How To Keep Up with Big Data Tools & Trends in 2019
Big data is a field that is promising major shake-ups in the year 2019. With every business getting concerned with...
Business4 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Non Featured2 years ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cars & Vehicles4 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games2 years ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Non Featured3 years ago
How to Spend Your Savings Responsibly For An Easier Retirement
Cleaning6 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Fun2 years ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Home, DIY and Garden5 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes