Our bedrooms are our sanctuaries from the outside world. Some people keep their bedrooms looking fairly basic, with just a bed and a bedside table with lamp, walls painted with a rather anonymous white colour. Other people prefer to add a bit of style and colour into them.
If you feel that it is time to give your bedroom an upgrade but you are a bit stuck for ideas, then you need to take a look at these awesome examples on how to create a modern bedroom design!
Light and Airy
First off is this light and airy design idea courtesy of IKEA, for those of you that want to stick with a mostly-white theme. This theme is particularly suitable for smaller bedrooms, as the white colours give the impression that the room is bigger than it actually is, yet the red wardrobe helps to break things up.
Here are the main items needed to help you achieve this look:
- Dulux “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Red “PAX” wardrobe with sliding doors;
- White “PS 2012” LED wall lamps;
- White “NORDLI” double bed frame;
- White “NORDLI” bedside table;
- White “BESTÅ” shelf units with glass doors;
- White “REIDAR” aluminium chair.
This Italian contemporary theme is inspired by the “Olona” wenge-effect style from Dreams, and will not only jazz up your bedroom but also add a touch of class and style.
You could achieve this look using the following items:
- Dulux “Amazon Beat 3” paint for the walls;
- B&Q “Colours Sculpted Coffee” solid oak flooring;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Cassidy” double bed frame with storage;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 3-drawer bedside chest;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 3-door wardrobe with mirror;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 4-drawer chest;
- A nice Kylie Minogue Bedding from the Curtain Bar.
If you fancy something contemporary with a slightly retro kick to it, then maybe a vanilla gloss themed bedroom is just up your street! Its light glossy colours mix well with the warm wood colours, and items such as the chair give it a bit of a retro feel too!
Here are some ideas of what you could use to achieve this effect, inspired by B&Q:
- Dulux “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Carpetright “Aspen” mocha carpet for the floor;
- IKEA “MALM” bed frame;
- MFI “Lagos” 2-door wardrobe;
- MFI “Lagos” 6-drawer chest;
- Nest.co.uk “Magis” Bombo chair.
This really modern designer grey look makes your bedroom look stylish, open, airy and probably the masterpiece of your home!
This example was created by trendy home furnishing experts Living It Up, and is perfect for people that want to create a truly modern feel to their bedroom but do not want it to look cluttered.
If you want to achieve this look shown in the example above for your bedroom, here is what you can use:
- Dulux “Wishing Well” grey and “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Topps Tiles “Pure White” floor tiles;
- Living It Up “Bella” walnut bed frame with white faux leather headboard;
- Living It Up 2-drawer walnut nightstand;
- Living It Up full length walnut mirror;
- Living It Up large walnut wardrobe with sliding doors;
Popular How To Guides
How to Learn a New Language: Four Key Tips
Are you looking at learning a new language? Come on board as we take you through four vital processes of...
How to Avoid Scam Online Casinos
Do you love playing the games at casinos but hate the crowds? Online casinos gift you with the opportunity to...
How to Prepare the Perfect Bedroom in Your First Home
Buying your first home can be exciting in a bunch of ways; you get to design each room exactly how...
How To Use Rotary Drilling Successfully for Projects
For a person that is not accustomed to the process of Rotary drilling, there are a lot of reasons why...
How to Make the Best Dinner Party Dessert Around
Everybody loves a dinner party. Young or old, chic and sophisticated or cool and quirky, it’s always a treat to...
How to Buy a Used Nissan Qashqai
Produced by Japanese brand Nissan – one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world – the Qashqai is one...
How to Bleed a Radiator
If your home or office radiator simply isn’t heating up as efficiently as it once was (perhaps it’s cold on...
Tips on How to Hire a Great Male Masseur
There is nothing like a good massage after a long week at work. Sometimes we work too hard and forget...
Business3 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Non Featured1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Games / Video Games1 year ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Cleaning5 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Fun1 year ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes