Our bedrooms are our sanctuaries from the outside world. Some people keep their bedrooms looking fairly basic, with just a bed and a bedside table with lamp, walls painted with a rather anonymous white colour. Other people prefer to add a bit of style and colour into them.
If you feel that it is time to give your bedroom an upgrade but you are a bit stuck for ideas, then you need to take a look at these awesome examples on how to create a modern bedroom design!
Light and Airy
First off is this light and airy design idea courtesy of IKEA, for those of you that want to stick with a mostly-white theme. This theme is particularly suitable for smaller bedrooms, as the white colours give the impression that the room is bigger than it actually is, yet the red wardrobe helps to break things up.
Here are the main items needed to help you achieve this look:
- Dulux “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Red “PAX” wardrobe with sliding doors;
- White “PS 2012” LED wall lamps;
- White “NORDLI” double bed frame;
- White “NORDLI” bedside table;
- White “BESTÅ” shelf units with glass doors;
- White “REIDAR” aluminium chair.
This Italian contemporary theme is inspired by the “Olona” wenge-effect style from Dreams, and will not only jazz up your bedroom but also add a touch of class and style.
You could achieve this look using the following items:
- Dulux “Amazon Beat 3” paint for the walls;
- B&Q “Colours Sculpted Coffee” solid oak flooring;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Cassidy” double bed frame with storage;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 3-drawer bedside chest;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 3-door wardrobe with mirror;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 4-drawer chest;
- A nice Kylie Minogue Bedding from the Curtain Bar.
If you fancy something contemporary with a slightly retro kick to it, then maybe a vanilla gloss themed bedroom is just up your street! Its light glossy colours mix well with the warm wood colours, and items such as the chair give it a bit of a retro feel too!
Here are some ideas of what you could use to achieve this effect, inspired by B&Q:
- Dulux “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Carpetright “Aspen” mocha carpet for the floor;
- IKEA “MALM” bed frame;
- MFI “Lagos” 2-door wardrobe;
- MFI “Lagos” 6-drawer chest;
- Nest.co.uk “Magis” Bombo chair.
This really modern designer grey look makes your bedroom look stylish, open, airy and probably the masterpiece of your home!
This example was created by trendy home furnishing experts Living It Up, and is perfect for people that want to create a truly modern feel to their bedroom but do not want it to look cluttered.
If you want to achieve this look shown in the example above for your bedroom, here is what you can use:
- Dulux “Wishing Well” grey and “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Topps Tiles “Pure White” floor tiles;
- Living It Up “Bella” walnut bed frame with white faux leather headboard;
- Living It Up 2-drawer walnut nightstand;
- Living It Up full length walnut mirror;
- Living It Up large walnut wardrobe with sliding doors;
Popular How To Guides
How to Pick the Best Cryptocurrency Broker
For a cryptocurrency trader, their broker is the most important member of their team, the MVP, the key to their...
How to Hike the Grand Canyon
The famous Spanish conquistador Don García López de Cárdenas was the first European to set eyes on the Grand Canyon....
How To See the Sights of London in One Weekend
If you have never been to London before, you may be wondering where to start with a plethora of landmarks...
How To Trade Forex – Forex Trading Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore
The stock market can be an extremely profitable way of earning a living, however, it can also be highly stressful...
How to Prepare for a Coaching Session
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail – the mantra of any good coach. Before any training session, as a coach,...
How To Become A Competent Hunter
Public interest in hunting had hit a bit of a lull between 2015 and now. However, 16.9 million hunted in Spring of...
How To Get Your Kids Ready For Their First Baseball Game
The first baseball game that you kids play is an exciting time for a parent. There is no better feeling...
How To Start Following Horse Racing
Following horse racing is one of the world’s most popular pasttimes, particularly with those who wager on a regular basis....
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games1 year ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Sport1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cleaning5 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes
Cars & Vehicles1 year ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision