Our bedrooms are our sanctuaries from the outside world. Some people keep their bedrooms looking fairly basic, with just a bed and a bedside table with lamp, walls painted with a rather anonymous white colour. Other people prefer to add a bit of style and colour into them.
If you feel that it is time to give your bedroom an upgrade but you are a bit stuck for ideas, then you need to take a look at these awesome examples on how to create a modern bedroom design!
Light and Airy
First off is this light and airy design idea courtesy of IKEA, for those of you that want to stick with a mostly-white theme. This theme is particularly suitable for smaller bedrooms, as the white colours give the impression that the room is bigger than it actually is, yet the red wardrobe helps to break things up.
Here are the main items needed to help you achieve this look:
- Dulux “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Red “PAX” wardrobe with sliding doors;
- White “PS 2012” LED wall lamps;
- White “NORDLI” double bed frame;
- White “NORDLI” bedside table;
- White “BESTÅ” shelf units with glass doors;
- White “REIDAR” aluminium chair.
This Italian contemporary theme is inspired by the “Olona” wenge-effect style from Dreams, and will not only jazz up your bedroom but also add a touch of class and style.
You could achieve this look using the following items:
- Dulux “Amazon Beat 3” paint for the walls;
- B&Q “Colours Sculpted Coffee” solid oak flooring;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Cassidy” double bed frame with storage;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 3-drawer bedside chest;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 3-door wardrobe with mirror;
- Dreams wenge-effect “Olona” 4-drawer chest;
- A nice Kylie Minogue Bedding from the Curtain Bar.
If you fancy something contemporary with a slightly retro kick to it, then maybe a vanilla gloss themed bedroom is just up your street! Its light glossy colours mix well with the warm wood colours, and items such as the chair give it a bit of a retro feel too!
Here are some ideas of what you could use to achieve this effect, inspired by B&Q:
- Dulux “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Carpetright “Aspen” mocha carpet for the floor;
- IKEA “MALM” bed frame;
- MFI “Lagos” 2-door wardrobe;
- MFI “Lagos” 6-drawer chest;
- Nest.co.uk “Magis” Bombo chair.
This really modern designer grey look makes your bedroom look stylish, open, airy and probably the masterpiece of your home!
This example was created by trendy home furnishing experts Living It Up, and is perfect for people that want to create a truly modern feel to their bedroom but do not want it to look cluttered.
If you want to achieve this look shown in the example above for your bedroom, here is what you can use:
- Dulux “Wishing Well” grey and “Nutmeg White” paint for the walls;
- Topps Tiles “Pure White” floor tiles;
- Living It Up “Bella” walnut bed frame with white faux leather headboard;
- Living It Up 2-drawer walnut nightstand;
- Living It Up full length walnut mirror;
- Living It Up large walnut wardrobe with sliding doors;
Popular How To Guides
How To Play The Lottery: Five Things You Need To Know Before Playing
Lotteries are the world’s most popular form of gambling, as the low stakes with potentially life-changing returns are just too...
How To Pack For Your Long Haul Journey
The two main things to combat on a long haul journey are boredom and discomfort. This list of things to...
How to Create a Car Budget
Buying a car and paying for all the additional services, such as car insurance, can be pretty expensive. Globally, the expectation...
How To Visualize What A Loyal Gamer Has Spent Following A Video Game Series
Gaming can become an expensive, yet fun hobby. Enjoyed by millions of people around the world, video games have become...
How To Edit PDF Files for Mac Users
Most of the readers that are used to display PDF files on Macs don’t have any editing tools whatsoever –...
How To Start Your Own Website – Basic Tips
These days, it seems that just about everyone has a blog or a website. If you think that sounds like...
How To Get Into eSports
Competitive video gaming, aka eSports, is a growing industry and is fast becoming part of the mainstream sports. There are...
How To Increase The Lifespan of Machinery Using Simple Steps
Not just machinery related to mining, farming, and industrial processes require constant maintenance but every machinery and equipment no matter...
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games11 months ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Cleaning4 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Sport11 months ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cars & Vehicles11 months ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Other2 years ago
How to Spend Your Savings Responsibly For An Easier Retirement