Selling a home in today’s current market may not seem like a good idea to some, and for others it is just not an option as they are in negative equity. However for those that can, they don’t need to sell them or their house short, with a few simple improvements they can raise the appearance of their home to attract the right buyer at the right price.
It has been said that people can make up their minds about a house in the first 10 seconds of seeing it, and that is just from the outside. Therefore it is best to make sure the kerb appeal is spot on. So here is how to make those improvements starting right at the front gate finishing at your doorstep.
1. Start at the front gate, you want to make sure that it is in keeping with the period of the property, that is works properly and is not broken.
2. Keep the path, or steps to the front door free from any clutter and leaves, as it helps to draw them to the front of the house.
3. The garden should also be free from lots of toys to; ensure that the lawn has been mowed and any flowers or plants have not just withered away. Instead replace these with new flowers or make use of large flowerpots.
4. Your next step is to make changes to the front of the house; re-pointing or rendering the brickwork can make a huge difference.
5. You will also need to clean the windows, possibly give the frames a paint if you can. if you have the money to replace any that are looking old and tired try to do this to. Its not just about the outside, think about what they can see through the windows too. Have clean nets, curtains or blinds, ensure they are open properly too, and that they match
6. Next is your front door, give this a clean and a lick of paint to, try to keep the colour in keeping with the period of the home, blacks, red and greens are good door colours. Make sure that the numbering or name of the house is also clear to see; fix any wonky or broken bits, or even invest on getting some new ones.
7. Keeping with your door, think about the door handles, knocker, letterbox and bell that you have, do these work, and do they look good? If after painting you find that they look a little odd, it is a good idea to buy new ones, save yourself some money by going to reclamation yards for authentic pieces to match your homes style.
8. Doorways or porches look good when there is a light upon them, so make use of a lantern, ideal if potential buyers come round when the light is not so good. if you want to use security lights, try to keep the main part of it hidden behind shrubs or wall plants. You could also make use of solar lights along the pathway to the front door.
This post was written by Alex Jones who writes about home improvement and DIY on behalf of Pronto Plastics Guttering Supplies.
Popular How To Guides
How To Decide Whether A Vauxhall Could be the Right Car Brand to Invest in
Continually recognized as one of the UK’s most beloved car brands, Vauxhall have once again come in as one of...
How to Ensure Your Car has GAP Insurance
It is not common knowledge amongst motorists, but if your car were to be written off then your comprehensive insurance...
How To Make Awesome Cocktails
The cocktail culture is ever changing with innovations every year. Mixing of different drinks creates new trends of cocktails. Brands...
How To Save Money With Your Gadgets
With the mass amount of sales from our top retailors all year round, and even better deals around the corner...
How To for Wealth Brokers: Develop Your Online Networking Skills
There are numerous statistics that reinforce the value of social networking for businesses, regardless of the industry in which they...
How To Live Well with a Disability: Improving Your Quality of Life
Living with a disability can make life more challenging, especially if you are newly disabled. Depending on your disability, there...
How to Make Your Office More Eco-Friendly
Research has shown that an office designed with the environment in mind can help improve your workplace culture, making it...
How to Trade Forex to Make Extra Cash?
Everyone is looking to make some extra cash in a side hustle. This is mainly because people need a little...
Business3 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games1 year ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Sport1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cleaning5 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Fun1 year ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes