Selling a home in today’s current market may not seem like a good idea to some, and for others it is just not an option as they are in negative equity. However for those that can, they don’t need to sell them or their house short, with a few simple improvements they can raise the appearance of their home to attract the right buyer at the right price.
It has been said that people can make up their minds about a house in the first 10 seconds of seeing it, and that is just from the outside. Therefore it is best to make sure the kerb appeal is spot on. So here is how to make those improvements starting right at the front gate finishing at your doorstep.
1. Start at the front gate, you want to make sure that it is in keeping with the period of the property, that is works properly and is not broken.
2. Keep the path, or steps to the front door free from any clutter and leaves, as it helps to draw them to the front of the house.
3. The garden should also be free from lots of toys to; ensure that the lawn has been mowed and any flowers or plants have not just withered away. Instead replace these with new flowers or make use of large flowerpots.
4. Your next step is to make changes to the front of the house; re-pointing or rendering the brickwork can make a huge difference.
5. You will also need to clean the windows, possibly give the frames a paint if you can. if you have the money to replace any that are looking old and tired try to do this to. Its not just about the outside, think about what they can see through the windows too. Have clean nets, curtains or blinds, ensure they are open properly too, and that they match
6. Next is your front door, give this a clean and a lick of paint to, try to keep the colour in keeping with the period of the home, blacks, red and greens are good door colours. Make sure that the numbering or name of the house is also clear to see; fix any wonky or broken bits, or even invest on getting some new ones.
7. Keeping with your door, think about the door handles, knocker, letterbox and bell that you have, do these work, and do they look good? If after painting you find that they look a little odd, it is a good idea to buy new ones, save yourself some money by going to reclamation yards for authentic pieces to match your homes style.
8. Doorways or porches look good when there is a light upon them, so make use of a lantern, ideal if potential buyers come round when the light is not so good. if you want to use security lights, try to keep the main part of it hidden behind shrubs or wall plants. You could also make use of solar lights along the pathway to the front door.
This post was written by Alex Jones who writes about home improvement and DIY on behalf of Pronto Plastics Guttering Supplies.
Popular How To Guides
How To Trade Forex – Forex Trading Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore
The stock market can be an extremely profitable way of earning a living, however, it can also be highly stressful...
How to Prepare for a Coaching Session
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail – the mantra of any good coach. Before any training session, as a coach,...
How To Become A Competent Hunter
Public interest in hunting had hit a bit of a lull between 2015 and now. However, 16.9 million hunted in Spring of...
How To Get Your Kids Ready For Their First Baseball Game
The first baseball game that you kids play is an exciting time for a parent. There is no better feeling...
How To Start Following Horse Racing
Following horse racing is one of the world’s most popular pasttimes, particularly with those who wager on a regular basis....
How To Convert and Download YouTube videos to your Local Hard Drive
YouTube is a great platform but the second you lose your internet connection, it becomes obsolete. Without a steady connection...
How To Play The Lottery: Five Things You Need To Know Before Playing
Lotteries are the world’s most popular form of gambling, as the low stakes with potentially life-changing returns are just too...
How To Pack For Your Long Haul Journey
The two main things to combat on a long haul journey are boredom and discomfort. This list of things to...
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games12 months ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Sport12 months ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cleaning4 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Cars & Vehicles12 months ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes