Renowned aviation enthusiast & Let’s Fly author Matthew C Martino is amongst one of the most respect household names within the aviation field and with his the extensive aviation experience the 21year old shared some of the key tips on “How To Be A Pilot”.
1. Be ready to sacrifice everything – The road to the skies is no easy path and it will probably lead you to neglecting other plans and projects you have! Most airline pilots got their license after years of no holidays, maxed out credit cards and in some cases re-mortgaged houses. There will always be a sacrifice that needs making.
2. Ensure your educationally equipped – I’m not trying to imply that airline pilots hold degrees as in most cases they don’t however they have a high aptitude in maths and physics which makes it easier for them to understand Air Law, Meteorology and other flight related modules. However having a degree or degree does make you a more suitable candidate and airlines look more favourably to such candidates.
3. Understand and decide on the route which you will take – There are various routes to earning a commercial license and you need to decide whether you will do an integrated program or a more flexible training of license by license ie: Private Pilot License, Night Rating , Instrument Rating , Commercial Pilot License & Multi Crew Course or some aircrew joined the Air Force then upon being discharged from their service they take a conversion course. Now the Air Force route also puts you in a position of advantage as you will have more experience.
4. You must know the pros and cons of the industry – Many trainee pilots tend to use reference of the sugar coated life of airline pilots and fail to recognise the actual life of a pilot which holds long hours and constant away from home. There will be times during your training as a pilot or when you’re looking for work when it will get really hard or seem impossible and without total passion in the field you could crumble. After careful research you might realise that maybe you’ll be better off as a seasonal or private pilot. After all flying is one of the best hobbies someone could have.
5. Have financial backing for this desired career path – Whoever said the best things in life are free clearly hadn’t tried to be an airline pilot. It’s been branded one of the most challenging and exciting jobs by top magazines but it still remains very costly. My advice is on money matters is as follows, it doesn’t mean you must be a millionaire however this just means you must have adequate funding ie: work, loan , family finance or pilot grant or scholarship so you can finish your training. Failure to ensure financial backing is in place can actually cause you to lose money as you might drop out of your course midway and not gain a license for certain modules, also bearing in mind that most modules and ratings are valid for 12months or so it means if you don’t get back onto your training wagon within that time you will lose that rating.
That’s all my points on “How To Be A Pilot” wishing you all the very best in the skies and happy landings!
Popular How To Guides
How to Plan Your Dog’s Meal on a Budget
Giving our pets the best food is the dream of every pet owner but sometimes financial restrictions hamper these dreams...
How To Prepare for Your Auto Insurance Policy
Many lives have been saved as their auto insurance ensured that they were quickly and adequately treated when they were...
How to Make a Small Space Work on a Budget
If you find yourself in need of storage Stratford solutions, then you will need to look at your budget. This...
How To Select A Reliable Business Car
As a busy business owner, you’re going to be travelling quite a lot. For your company car, you’ll want a...
How To Select The Best LIC Insurance Policy
LIC the top insurance firm in India which provides a wide range of LIC policy plans in various sectors. It...
How To Plan The Perfect Places To Visit in Colorado
Colorado is internationally known for its stunning mountain ranges, wildlife, and outdoor activities. Denver, its capital offers numerous museums for...
How to Make a Successful Blog 2018
As we’ve just entered 2018, we suggest that blogging can be one of the best methods to share your ideas...
How To Create the Perfect Garden with These Tips
If it is all about your first home or you want to spend your retirement developing a beautiful garden, the...
Business3 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Non Featured1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Games / Video Games1 year ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Cleaning5 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Fun1 year ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes