“Diamonds are a girls best friend” or so the saying goes, and although they look fabulous, day to day wearing of a diamond ring can make it less shiny. Things like hair products, lotions and dirt from touching things can all leave the diamond looking a bit dull. So here is a look at a great way to clean your diamond ring, and a few other options that you may like to try.
1. The first thing you need to do is fill up a bowl of warm water, which you can add either some washing detergent too, or an ammonia based solution, something like window cleaner. Make sure that you work on a 3:1 ratio – 3 parts water, 1 part solution, and mix thoroughly.
2. Place your ring into the solution and let it soak for no longer than 15 minutes.
3. To help remove any built up dirt, you need to use a soft bristle toothbrush, the brush needs to be soft that it does not scratch the actual metal of the ring. Scrub the ring all over and try to get in all of the little holes.
4. Once you are happy it is clean you need to rinse it out in the water to remove any last bits of dirt.
5. Give the ring a final rinse in warm water from the tap, as the ring could easily fall out of hand, you can put the plug into the sink, or make sure you do it over a clean bowl to catch the ring in case you drop it.
6. Lastly using a cloth, lint free is best you can dry the ring, using a patting and blotting motion.
7. If you find that there is still some dirt buried in the ring, repeat the process, you can also make use of a toothpick to get into those stubborn areas.
This is the best, easiest, cheapest and safest way to clean your diamond ring; there are many other remedies that people say to use, and these can include:
With a bit of baking soda and water, mix till you have a paste, rub this onto the diamond ring, rinse and dry. The baking soda acts like a scrub removing mild dirt from a ring.
Jewellery Cleaning Solutions
There are cleaning solutions that you can buy from some stores, where you soak the ring in the solution overnight, then rinse and dry. You need to check these before you use them, as some are designed for certain metals. If you choose the wrong one you could end up damaging the actual band of the ring.
Cleaning At A Jewellers
Many jewellers like Selini High Jewelry (whom offer maintenance and repair also) offer a cleaning service to ensure that the diamond ring is cleaned professionally so that no damage can be caused to the diamond or the band. You may find local experts in your area that may specialize in this too.
In most cases when buying a diamond you can be offered a free cleaning service for a few years or for life; some you may have to pay extra for, but it will be worth it in the end.
Amie Johnson is a blogger and writer about all things fashion.
Popular How To Guides
How To Increase Sales in Your Consulting, Coaching or Advisory Business
When you hear the word “sales” what comes to mind? Do you see a Used Car Salesman the dealership? Do...
How to Clean Your Patio and Outdoor Furniture
When you keep your patio clean regularly, it will look brand new all the time. It will be inviting and...
How to Make Money Online (Shortcuts Tips)
Are you tired of all the get rich fast ideas, and how to make money online? Learn how to make...
How To Grow The Best Roses In Your Garden
The best roses to grow in your garden are those that require the least maintenance and can resist destruction from...
How to Make Money from Online Casino Bonuses
Today, virtually every single online casino dishes out welcome packages to new customers in the form of bonus money and...
How To Build A Raised Pond In Your Garden
Designers of contemporary gardens often try to avoid natural features and create highly organised, geometrical gardens instead. Raised garden ponds...
How To Play Blackjack
Blackjack is a simple card game. Your goal in blackjack is just to achieve a combined score of twenty-one with...
How to Boost Your Odds of Winning the Lottery
Have you ever thought about what your life would be like if you won the lottery? Visualize having the necessary...
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games10 months ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Cleaning4 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Cars & Vehicles10 months ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision
Business3 months ago
How To Make Money on Binary Options Trading at Home
Sport10 months ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt