Removing hair on our legs is probably one of the downsides to being a woman. No matter the method we choose; it’s expensive, takes time, effort, and can be quite painful. Waxing hurts, as does laser hair removal (not so much if you’re doing it yourself at home with a Tria laser!), which leaves us with only one more real option; shaving. Shaving is probably the least painful method of removing our leg hair, but if we get that wrong it can end up being painful, too (shaving rash, nicks and scrapes, ingrown hairs). If you hate how painful it is to remove the hair from your legs, here’s a guide on how to do it so it’s totally pain free!
Shaving Your Legs Without Pain
A new, sharp razor. Try to choose one that’s a decent make, like gillette (more control over the razor, and you get what you pay for).
Shaving cream (choose sensitive if you have sensitive skin).
Once you have everything above in your bathroom, you’re ready to shave your legs. Here’s how to do it:
1. Run yourself a bath or shower, and allow your hairs to soften and pores to open up for around 5 minutes. This will make the area much easier to shave!
2. Grab your shaving cream and squirt some into your hand. It’ll probably expand once it’s out of the can, so don’t use too much as it’ll just go to waste. Now smooth it onto one leg, making sure you cover all areas evenly but not too thickly (this can affect the outcome and clog your razor). Apply the cream up to the area you want to shave, this could be below the knee, over the knee, or over the whole leg. Most women prefer to shave just above the knee or 3 quarters of the way up for the best effect!
3. Grab your razor and dampen it in the water. Starting from the ankle, slowly and smoothly run the razor up your leg, up to the point that you’d like to shave to. Continue doing this the whole way around the leg (you’ll be able to see where you’ve been due to the shaving foam), rinsing your razor as you go along to make sure you don’t clog it up.
4. Once you’ve completed the leg, give it a feel to see how smooth it is with your hands – if you can feel any hairs then you may have missed a bit! It’s common to miss small strips and pieces, especially at the back of the leg and difficult to reach areas; simply smooth on a little bit more shaving cream and shave that part again.
5. Rinse off your leg, and once you’re certain you’ve got a silky smooth leg, you can repeat the process with the other leg.
6. Smooth some conditioner on after shaving to moisturise your legs and soothe them, and then rinse before you exit the bath or shower!
That’s it; you’ve shaved your legs! Didn’t hurt, did it? Now all you have to do is pat them dry with a clean towel, and apply a small amount of moisturiser (body butter is perfect for silky smooth legs). Enjoy your silky smooth, pain free pins!
Popular How To Guides
How To Convert and Download YouTube videos to your Local Hard Drive
YouTube is a great platform but the second you lose your internet connection, it becomes obsolete. Without a steady connection...
How To Play The Lottery: Five Things You Need To Know Before Playing
Lotteries are the world’s most popular form of gambling, as the low stakes with potentially life-changing returns are just too...
How To Pack For Your Long Haul Journey
The two main things to combat on a long haul journey are boredom and discomfort. This list of things to...
How to Create a Car Budget
Buying a car and paying for all the additional services, such as car insurance, can be pretty expensive. Globally, the expectation...
How To Visualize What A Loyal Gamer Has Spent Following A Video Game Series
Gaming can become an expensive, yet fun hobby. Enjoyed by millions of people around the world, video games have become...
How To Edit PDF Files for Mac Users
Most of the readers that are used to display PDF files on Macs don’t have any editing tools whatsoever –...
How To Start Your Own Website – Basic Tips
These days, it seems that just about everyone has a blog or a website. If you think that sounds like...
How To Get Into eSports
Competitive video gaming, aka eSports, is a growing industry and is fast becoming part of the mainstream sports. There are...
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games11 months ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Cleaning4 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Sport11 months ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cars & Vehicles11 months ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Other2 years ago
How to Spend Your Savings Responsibly For An Easier Retirement