Removing hair on our legs is probably one of the downsides to being a woman. No matter the method we choose; it’s expensive, takes time, effort, and can be quite painful. Waxing hurts, as does laser hair removal (not so much if you’re doing it yourself at home with a Tria laser!), which leaves us with only one more real option; shaving. Shaving is probably the least painful method of removing our leg hair, but if we get that wrong it can end up being painful, too (shaving rash, nicks and scrapes, ingrown hairs). If you hate how painful it is to remove the hair from your legs, here’s a guide on how to do it so it’s totally pain free!
Shaving Your Legs Without Pain
A new, sharp razor. Try to choose one that’s a decent make, like gillette (more control over the razor, and you get what you pay for).
Shaving cream (choose sensitive if you have sensitive skin).
Once you have everything above in your bathroom, you’re ready to shave your legs. Here’s how to do it:
1. Run yourself a bath or shower, and allow your hairs to soften and pores to open up for around 5 minutes. This will make the area much easier to shave!
2. Grab your shaving cream and squirt some into your hand. It’ll probably expand once it’s out of the can, so don’t use too much as it’ll just go to waste. Now smooth it onto one leg, making sure you cover all areas evenly but not too thickly (this can affect the outcome and clog your razor). Apply the cream up to the area you want to shave, this could be below the knee, over the knee, or over the whole leg. Most women prefer to shave just above the knee or 3 quarters of the way up for the best effect!
3. Grab your razor and dampen it in the water. Starting from the ankle, slowly and smoothly run the razor up your leg, up to the point that you’d like to shave to. Continue doing this the whole way around the leg (you’ll be able to see where you’ve been due to the shaving foam), rinsing your razor as you go along to make sure you don’t clog it up.
4. Once you’ve completed the leg, give it a feel to see how smooth it is with your hands – if you can feel any hairs then you may have missed a bit! It’s common to miss small strips and pieces, especially at the back of the leg and difficult to reach areas; simply smooth on a little bit more shaving cream and shave that part again.
5. Rinse off your leg, and once you’re certain you’ve got a silky smooth leg, you can repeat the process with the other leg.
6. Smooth some conditioner on after shaving to moisturise your legs and soothe them, and then rinse before you exit the bath or shower!
That’s it; you’ve shaved your legs! Didn’t hurt, did it? Now all you have to do is pat them dry with a clean towel, and apply a small amount of moisturiser (body butter is perfect for silky smooth legs). Enjoy your silky smooth, pain free pins!
Popular How To Guides
How To Grow The Best Roses In Your Garden
The best roses to grow in your garden are those that require the least maintenance and can resist destruction from...
How to Make Money from Online Casino Bonuses
Today, virtually every single online casino dishes out welcome packages to new customers in the form of bonus money and...
How To Build A Raised Pond In Your Garden
Designers of contemporary gardens often try to avoid natural features and create highly organised, geometrical gardens instead. Raised garden ponds...
How To Play Blackjack
Blackjack is a simple card game. Your goal in blackjack is just to achieve a combined score of twenty-one with...
How to Boost Your Odds of Winning the Lottery
Have you ever thought about what your life would be like if you won the lottery? Visualize having the necessary...
How to Play Bingo Online
Bingo is a great, low-stress type of game that is a great way to relax. However, it isn’t always easy...
How To Become An Administrative Manager Of A Professional Sports Team
The role of a team manager for a professional sports team is very diverse, and the skill of spinning many...
How To Join The World of Bitcoin
For many of us, the whole idea of bitcoin is still a mysterious concept but we’re beginning to notice more and...
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Cars & Vehicles9 months ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision
Games / Video Games9 months ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Cleaning4 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Other2 years ago
How to Spend Your Savings Responsibly For An Easier Retirement
Sport9 months ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Real Estate & Investment3 years ago
How To Find Spectacular Estate Agents