Removing hair on our legs is probably one of the downsides to being a woman. No matter the method we choose; it’s expensive, takes time, effort, and can be quite painful. Waxing hurts, as does laser hair removal (not so much if you’re doing it yourself at home with a Tria laser!), which leaves us with only one more real option; shaving. Shaving is probably the least painful method of removing our leg hair, but if we get that wrong it can end up being painful, too (shaving rash, nicks and scrapes, ingrown hairs). If you hate how painful it is to remove the hair from your legs, here’s a guide on how to do it so it’s totally pain free!
Shaving Your Legs Without Pain
A new, sharp razor. Try to choose one that’s a decent make, like gillette (more control over the razor, and you get what you pay for).
Shaving cream (choose sensitive if you have sensitive skin).
Once you have everything above in your bathroom, you’re ready to shave your legs. Here’s how to do it:
1. Run yourself a bath or shower, and allow your hairs to soften and pores to open up for around 5 minutes. This will make the area much easier to shave!
2. Grab your shaving cream and squirt some into your hand. It’ll probably expand once it’s out of the can, so don’t use too much as it’ll just go to waste. Now smooth it onto one leg, making sure you cover all areas evenly but not too thickly (this can affect the outcome and clog your razor). Apply the cream up to the area you want to shave, this could be below the knee, over the knee, or over the whole leg. Most women prefer to shave just above the knee or 3 quarters of the way up for the best effect!
3. Grab your razor and dampen it in the water. Starting from the ankle, slowly and smoothly run the razor up your leg, up to the point that you’d like to shave to. Continue doing this the whole way around the leg (you’ll be able to see where you’ve been due to the shaving foam), rinsing your razor as you go along to make sure you don’t clog it up.
4. Once you’ve completed the leg, give it a feel to see how smooth it is with your hands – if you can feel any hairs then you may have missed a bit! It’s common to miss small strips and pieces, especially at the back of the leg and difficult to reach areas; simply smooth on a little bit more shaving cream and shave that part again.
5. Rinse off your leg, and once you’re certain you’ve got a silky smooth leg, you can repeat the process with the other leg.
6. Smooth some conditioner on after shaving to moisturise your legs and soothe them, and then rinse before you exit the bath or shower!
That’s it; you’ve shaved your legs! Didn’t hurt, did it? Now all you have to do is pat them dry with a clean towel, and apply a small amount of moisturiser (body butter is perfect for silky smooth legs). Enjoy your silky smooth, pain free pins!
Popular How To Guides
How To Decide Whether A Vauxhall Could be the Right Car Brand to Invest in
Continually recognized as one of the UK’s most beloved car brands, Vauxhall have once again come in as one of...
How to Ensure Your Car has GAP Insurance
It is not common knowledge amongst motorists, but if your car were to be written off then your comprehensive insurance...
How To Make Awesome Cocktails
The cocktail culture is ever changing with innovations every year. Mixing of different drinks creates new trends of cocktails. Brands...
How To Save Money With Your Gadgets
With the mass amount of sales from our top retailors all year round, and even better deals around the corner...
How To for Wealth Brokers: Develop Your Online Networking Skills
There are numerous statistics that reinforce the value of social networking for businesses, regardless of the industry in which they...
How To Live Well with a Disability: Improving Your Quality of Life
Living with a disability can make life more challenging, especially if you are newly disabled. Depending on your disability, there...
How to Make Your Office More Eco-Friendly
Research has shown that an office designed with the environment in mind can help improve your workplace culture, making it...
How to Trade Forex to Make Extra Cash?
Everyone is looking to make some extra cash in a side hustle. This is mainly because people need a little...
Business3 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games1 year ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Sport1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cleaning5 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Fun1 year ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes