Have you ever wondered how you can download a video from BBC iPlayer and play it without it ever expiring? It’s a well-known fact that days after you’ve downloaded a programme from the BBC iPlayer that it will be unavailable and will have expired, meaning you can’t play it. This article isn’t intended to encourage law breaking; this article was written to solve a problem. It should also be noted that things can change, this tutorial method was working on the 19/01/2014. It’s possible that in the future this method will no longer work.
There are many tutorials floating around the internet recommending software etc that remove DRM, however, none of these appear to work anymore.
BBC programmes aren’t available for those outside of the UK. If your IP address isn’t UK based, then you won’t be able to use this method.
Now let’s explore a working method on how you can download a video from BBC iPlayer and keep it without restrictions.
- Step one requires you to download a piece of software. Click here to download. Install the software.
Open the Software
- Locate the software and open it. You will see a black command prompt screen.
- Next you’ll need to type get_iplayer followed by the name of the desired programme. An example would be: get_iplayer eastenders. PRESS Enter.
- Now you’ll be presented with the latest available programmes for what you entered. You’ll notice that each programme has an ID number.
- Choose which you want and then type get_iplayer –get “ID goes here”. Don’t forget to hit enter. Put the ID of the programme you want where it says “ID goes here”, don’t type the Ellipsis. An example would be: get_iplayer –get 255. Hit Enter.
- Now the programme will start to download.
- Once finished the MP4 file will be located in the folder location you choose when installing the software (default is a folder on your desktop).
Now you can enjoy the programme without any expiring issues. Remember to check all legalities before attempting to use this guide.
Popular How To Guides
How To Choose The Best Design Aspects For Your Website
Designing the perfect website can take time, particularly as there are a number of elements to consider. With usability and...
How To Be A Better Trader
In the process of trading with currency pairs, there have to be some good preparation. You may think about the...
How to Save Money on Healthcare
The American health insurance system is complicated; in 2017, one in five uninsured adults went without healthcare because they couldn’t afford the...
How To Get The Best Car Insurance in Canada – 10 Key Facts
Automobile insurance can be tricky to understand with complex terminologies and a whole bunch of rules and regulations that differ...
How to Fund Your Trips as a Digital Nomad
There is certainly no shortage of people hopping on the remote online business bandwagon. Some of these people have even...
How to Find a Competent Road Accident Lawyer
Whenever there is a road accident involving a commercial vehicle, corporations and insurance companies mobilize their vast resources to employ...
How To Know The Difference Between Different Healthcare Facilities
The healthcare facilities in the US have evolved a lot over time. With the technological advancements in the industry, medical...
How To Save Money When Buying Your First Car
Congratulations! You passed your driving test! You are now free to venture out on the open road, but you need...
Business4 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Non Featured3 years ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cars & Vehicles5 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games3 years ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Non Featured4 years ago
How to Spend Your Savings Responsibly For An Easier Retirement
Cleaning6 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Fun3 years ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Home, DIY and Garden6 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes