Have you ever wondered how you can download a video from BBC iPlayer and play it without it ever expiring? It’s a well-known fact that days after you’ve downloaded a programme from the BBC iPlayer that it will be unavailable and will have expired, meaning you can’t play it. This article isn’t intended to encourage law breaking; this article was written to solve a problem. It should also be noted that things can change, this tutorial method was working on the 19/01/2014. It’s possible that in the future this method will no longer work.
There are many tutorials floating around the internet recommending software etc that remove DRM, however, none of these appear to work anymore.
BBC programmes aren’t available for those outside of the UK. If your IP address isn’t UK based, then you won’t be able to use this method.
Now let’s explore a working method on how you can download a video from BBC iPlayer and keep it without restrictions.
- Step one requires you to download a piece of software. Click here to download. Install the software.
Open the Software
- Locate the software and open it. You will see a black command prompt screen.
- Next you’ll need to type get_iplayer followed by the name of the desired programme. An example would be: get_iplayer eastenders. PRESS Enter.
- Now you’ll be presented with the latest available programmes for what you entered. You’ll notice that each programme has an ID number.
- Choose which you want and then type get_iplayer –get “ID goes here”. Don’t forget to hit enter. Put the ID of the programme you want where it says “ID goes here”, don’t type the Ellipsis. An example would be: get_iplayer –get 255. Hit Enter.
- Now the programme will start to download.
- Once finished the MP4 file will be located in the folder location you choose when installing the software (default is a folder on your desktop).
Now you can enjoy the programme without any expiring issues. Remember to check all legalities before attempting to use this guide.
Popular How To Guides
How To See the Sights of London in One Weekend
If you have never been to London before, you may be wondering where to start with a plethora of landmarks...
How To Trade Forex – Forex Trading Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore
The stock market can be an extremely profitable way of earning a living, however, it can also be highly stressful...
How to Prepare for a Coaching Session
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail – the mantra of any good coach. Before any training session, as a coach,...
How To Become A Competent Hunter
Public interest in hunting had hit a bit of a lull between 2015 and now. However, 16.9 million hunted in Spring of...
How To Get Your Kids Ready For Their First Baseball Game
The first baseball game that you kids play is an exciting time for a parent. There is no better feeling...
How To Start Following Horse Racing
Following horse racing is one of the world’s most popular pasttimes, particularly with those who wager on a regular basis....
How To Convert and Download YouTube videos to your Local Hard Drive
YouTube is a great platform but the second you lose your internet connection, it becomes obsolete. Without a steady connection...
How To Play The Lottery: Five Things You Need To Know Before Playing
Lotteries are the world’s most popular form of gambling, as the low stakes with potentially life-changing returns are just too...
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games1 year ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Sport1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cleaning4 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes
Cars & Vehicles12 months ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision