Do you suspect you have a health issue, but arenít sure what it might be? You may have a problem with your thyroid. Over/under active thyroids can cause big problems for us. Take a look at the following symptoms to decide whether or not you need to take a thyroid test:
You May Need an Underactive Thyroid Test If:
- You are gaining weight, and you arenít sure how.
- You canít lose weight with diet or exercise.
- Youíre constipated, sometimes severely.
- You have a low body temperature.
- You feel tired and exhausted much of the time.
- You feel lethargic and sluggish.
- Your hair is coarse, dry, breaking, brittle, or falling out.
- Your skin is thick, coarse, dry, scaly, or thick.
- You have a hoarse voice.
- You have puffiness around the eyes and face.
- You have aches and pains in your joints.
- You have carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Youíre having irregular menstrual cycles.
- Youíre having trouble getting pregnant.
- You feel depressed and low.
- You feel restless.
- Your moods change very quickly.
- You have difficulty concentrating.
- Youíre losing interest in daily activities.
- Youíre forgetful.
- Youíre snoring more.
- You have a low sex drive.
- You have shortness of breath.
- You feel as if you must yawn to get oxygen.
- Your eyes feel dry and gritty.
- Your eyes feel sensitive to light.
- You feel dizzy.
- You have regular headaches.
- You have a ringing in your ears.
Ticked multiple boxes above? You may have an underactive thyroid and need a thyroid test.
You May Need an Overactive Thyroid Test If:
- Your heart feels as if itís skipping a beat, racing, or having palpitations.
- Your pulse is fast.
- Your pulse is high even when resting.
- You have hand tremors.
- You feel hot or overheated when others feel cold.
- You sweat more than usual.
- Youíre losing weight quickly for no reason.
- Your appetite has increased, but youíre still losing weight.
- You feel as if you have a lot of nervous energy you want to burn off.
- You have diarrhea.
- You feel irritable and nervous.
- Your skin feels thinner.
- Your muscles feel weak.
- You have difficulty going to sleep or staying asleep.
- Your skin is scaly and dry.
- Your hair is brittle and falling out.
- You have aches and pains.
- You have irregular menstrual cycles.
- You have trouble getting pregnant.
- You feel tired and exhausted.
- You feel depressed.
- You have panic attacks.
- Your moods change easily.
- You have feelings of worthlessness.
- You have difficulty focusing.
- You are forgetful.
- You have a low sex drive.
- You feel a tightness in your chest.
- Your infections seem to last longer.
If youíve checked more boxes in the above group, you may need to be tested for an overactive thyroid.
If any of the above symptoms seem to resonate with you, you should get tested ASAP for a thyroid problem so you can begin treatment accordingly. This isnít an easy condition to treat, but the sooner you get it under control, the better! Let us know how you got on in the comments.
Popular How To Guides
How To Better Your Health by Vaporizing
All around the world, cannabis smokers are realizing that vaporizing is a much healthier alternative to smoking marijuana traditionally.¬† This...
How To Hire A Good Personal Trainer and Three Key Benefits
Are you wondering why you need to hire a personal trainer? Do you want to lose that extra weight and...
How to Buy A Home With A Reverse Mortgage
As a homeowner, you might be looking for options on how to generate cash from your own property. According to...
How To Quit Smoking
The part season is done, and this means you have no reason to drink your week allowance in one night...
How To Get Started With Investing
One way that your money can be invested is through building a portfolio of shares.† This can help to accelerate...
How To Tips For Breaking Up With Your Significant Other
Making the decision to end a relationship is not easy. Even if you are completely sure of your decision, the...
How To Improve Your Sleep Patterns
If you are having a difficulty getting to sleep and constantly waking tired and fatigued from yesterdayís strain, it is...
The Benefits of Indoor Fountains
In the past decade, indoor fountains have taken off. There are so many types to choose from and they come...
Business3 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Non Featured1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Games / Video Games1 year ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Fun1 year ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Cleaning5 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes