Do you suspect you have a health issue, but aren’t sure what it might be? You may have a problem with your thyroid. Over/under active thyroids can cause big problems for us. Take a look at the following symptoms to decide whether or not you need to take a thyroid test:
You May Need an Underactive Thyroid Test If:
- You are gaining weight, and you aren’t sure how.
- You can’t lose weight with diet or exercise.
- You’re constipated, sometimes severely.
- You have a low body temperature.
- You feel tired and exhausted much of the time.
- You feel lethargic and sluggish.
- Your hair is coarse, dry, breaking, brittle, or falling out.
- Your skin is thick, coarse, dry, scaly, or thick.
- You have a hoarse voice.
- You have puffiness around the eyes and face.
- You have aches and pains in your joints.
- You have carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You’re having irregular menstrual cycles.
- You’re having trouble getting pregnant.
- You feel depressed and low.
- You feel restless.
- Your moods change very quickly.
- You have difficulty concentrating.
- You’re losing interest in daily activities.
- You’re forgetful.
- You’re snoring more.
- You have a low sex drive.
- You have shortness of breath.
- You feel as if you must yawn to get oxygen.
- Your eyes feel dry and gritty.
- Your eyes feel sensitive to light.
- You feel dizzy.
- You have regular headaches.
- You have a ringing in your ears.
Ticked multiple boxes above? You may have an underactive thyroid and need a thyroid test.
You May Need an Overactive Thyroid Test If:
- Your heart feels as if it’s skipping a beat, racing, or having palpitations.
- Your pulse is fast.
- Your pulse is high even when resting.
- You have hand tremors.
- You feel hot or overheated when others feel cold.
- You sweat more than usual.
- You’re losing weight quickly for no reason.
- Your appetite has increased, but you’re still losing weight.
- You feel as if you have a lot of nervous energy you want to burn off.
- You have diarrhea.
- You feel irritable and nervous.
- Your skin feels thinner.
- Your muscles feel weak.
- You have difficulty going to sleep or staying asleep.
- Your skin is scaly and dry.
- Your hair is brittle and falling out.
- You have aches and pains.
- You have irregular menstrual cycles.
- You have trouble getting pregnant.
- You feel tired and exhausted.
- You feel depressed.
- You have panic attacks.
- Your moods change easily.
- You have feelings of worthlessness.
- You have difficulty focusing.
- You are forgetful.
- You have a low sex drive.
- You feel a tightness in your chest.
- Your infections seem to last longer.
If you’ve checked more boxes in the above group, you may need to be tested for an overactive thyroid.
If any of the above symptoms seem to resonate with you, you should get tested ASAP for a thyroid problem so you can begin treatment accordingly. This isn’t an easy condition to treat, but the sooner you get it under control, the better! Let us know how you got on in the comments.
Popular How To Guides
How To Upgrade Your Boat For Maximum Value For Money
So you’ve managed to save enough money to buy a boat and you are now the proud owner of a...
How to Lay Floor Tiles like a Professional
Installing your own floor tiles is a DIY job that can make a huge difference to the look and feel...
How To Choose The Best Design Aspects For Your Website
Designing the perfect website can take time, particularly as there are a number of elements to consider. With usability and...
How To Be A Better Trader
In the process of trading with currency pairs, there have to be some good preparation. You may think about the...
How to Save Money on Healthcare
The American health insurance system is complicated; in 2017, one in five uninsured adults went without healthcare because they couldn’t afford the...
How To Get The Best Car Insurance in Canada – 10 Key Facts
Automobile insurance can be tricky to understand with complex terminologies and a whole bunch of rules and regulations that differ...
How to Fund Your Trips as a Digital Nomad
There is certainly no shortage of people hopping on the remote online business bandwagon. Some of these people have even...
How to Find a Competent Road Accident Lawyer
Whenever there is a road accident involving a commercial vehicle, corporations and insurance companies mobilize their vast resources to employ...
Business4 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Non Featured3 years ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cars & Vehicles5 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games3 years ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Non Featured4 years ago
How to Spend Your Savings Responsibly For An Easier Retirement
Cleaning6 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Home, DIY and Garden6 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes
Fun3 years ago
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse