Do you suspect you have a health issue, but aren’t sure what it might be? You may have a problem with your thyroid. Over/under active thyroids can cause big problems for us. Take a look at the following symptoms to decide whether or not you need to take a thyroid test:
You May Need an Underactive Thyroid Test If:
- You are gaining weight, and you aren’t sure how.
- You can’t lose weight with diet or exercise.
- You’re constipated, sometimes severely.
- You have a low body temperature.
- You feel tired and exhausted much of the time.
- You feel lethargic and sluggish.
- Your hair is coarse, dry, breaking, brittle, or falling out.
- Your skin is thick, coarse, dry, scaly, or thick.
- You have a hoarse voice.
- You have puffiness around the eyes and face.
- You have aches and pains in your joints.
- You have carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You’re having irregular menstrual cycles.
- You’re having trouble getting pregnant.
- You feel depressed and low.
- You feel restless.
- Your moods change very quickly.
- You have difficulty concentrating.
- You’re losing interest in daily activities.
- You’re forgetful.
- You’re snoring more.
- You have a low sex drive.
- You have shortness of breath.
- You feel as if you must yawn to get oxygen.
- Your eyes feel dry and gritty.
- Your eyes feel sensitive to light.
- You feel dizzy.
- You have regular headaches.
- You have a ringing in your ears.
Ticked multiple boxes above? You may have an underactive thyroid and need a thyroid test.
You May Need an Overactive Thyroid Test If:
- Your heart feels as if it’s skipping a beat, racing, or having palpitations.
- Your pulse is fast.
- Your pulse is high even when resting.
- You have hand tremors.
- You feel hot or overheated when others feel cold.
- You sweat more than usual.
- You’re losing weight quickly for no reason.
- Your appetite has increased, but you’re still losing weight.
- You feel as if you have a lot of nervous energy you want to burn off.
- You have diarrhea.
- You feel irritable and nervous.
- Your skin feels thinner.
- Your muscles feel weak.
- You have difficulty going to sleep or staying asleep.
- Your skin is scaly and dry.
- Your hair is brittle and falling out.
- You have aches and pains.
- You have irregular menstrual cycles.
- You have trouble getting pregnant.
- You feel tired and exhausted.
- You feel depressed.
- You have panic attacks.
- Your moods change easily.
- You have feelings of worthlessness.
- You have difficulty focusing.
- You are forgetful.
- You have a low sex drive.
- You feel a tightness in your chest.
- Your infections seem to last longer.
If you’ve checked more boxes in the above group, you may need to be tested for an overactive thyroid.
If any of the above symptoms seem to resonate with you, you should get tested ASAP for a thyroid problem so you can begin treatment accordingly. This isn’t an easy condition to treat, but the sooner you get it under control, the better! Let us know how you got on in the comments.
Popular How To Guides
How To See the Sights of London in One Weekend
If you have never been to London before, you may be wondering where to start with a plethora of landmarks...
How To Trade Forex – Forex Trading Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore
The stock market can be an extremely profitable way of earning a living, however, it can also be highly stressful...
How to Prepare for a Coaching Session
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail – the mantra of any good coach. Before any training session, as a coach,...
How To Become A Competent Hunter
Public interest in hunting had hit a bit of a lull between 2015 and now. However, 16.9 million hunted in Spring of...
How To Get Your Kids Ready For Their First Baseball Game
The first baseball game that you kids play is an exciting time for a parent. There is no better feeling...
How To Start Following Horse Racing
Following horse racing is one of the world’s most popular pasttimes, particularly with those who wager on a regular basis....
How To Convert and Download YouTube videos to your Local Hard Drive
YouTube is a great platform but the second you lose your internet connection, it becomes obsolete. Without a steady connection...
How To Play The Lottery: Five Things You Need To Know Before Playing
Lotteries are the world’s most popular form of gambling, as the low stakes with potentially life-changing returns are just too...
Business2 years ago
5 Things You Must Consider Before Starting A Construction Company
Cars & Vehicles3 years ago
How To Deal With A Driving Offence (Quick Tips)
Games / Video Games12 months ago
How To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your PlayStation 4
Sport1 year ago
How To Get Into A New Sport: 10 Inspiring Tips
Cleaning4 years ago
How to Make a Shower Tray Look Like New
Business4 years ago
How to Make Your Own Mini Conveyor Belt
Home Maintenance & Repair4 years ago
How To Build Your Own Fitted Wardrobes
Cars & Vehicles12 months ago
Can You Really Afford That Car? How To Know If You Are Making The Right Decision